Lewis Morgan scored a double as St Mirren returned to winning ways to beat Queen of the South and move to within a point of leaders Dunfermline Athletic.
St Mirren 3 Queen of the South 1 HT 2-0
Queens opened brightly and a certain goal was set up by Dobbie but Lyle strayed offside. The latter player also hit the post with a header. Cammy Smith's low drive opened the scoring for the Buddies on 24 minutes, after a horrendous fumble by Martin in the Queens goal.
Morgan scored three minutes later and then after the break, took his tally to eight for the season with two long-range strikes.
Jason Kerr headed Queens' reply as the visitors threatened a fightback.
Stephen Dobbie had already tested Craig Samson then the home goalkeeper prevented Callum Fordyce reducing the deficit further.
The win takes St Mirren above Dundee United into second place in the Scottish Championship, while Queens are five points behind in sixth.
Fumble by Martin gifts the Buddies an opening goal
Kerr pegs one back for Queens
Faddy in action
Images courtesy of www.qosfc.com
- 26McCartBooked at 74mins
- 2DemetriouBooked at 22mins
- 14ToddSubstituted forStewartat 47'minutes
- 11SmithSubstituted forIrvineat 88'minutes
- 20ReillySubstituted forKirkpatrickat 73'minutes
Queen of Sth
- 5BrownlieSubstituted forTappingat 63'minutes
- 25DykesSubstituted forKaneat 63'minutes
- 9LyleSubstituted forMcFaddenat 73'minutes