Queen of the South boosted their promotion hopes as Dundee United missed the chance to move closer to second place in the Scottish Championship.
Dundee United 2 Queen of the South 3 HT: 0-2
Scorers: United - Durnan 57 McDonald 68 Queens - Thomson 21,75 Jacobs 41(Pen) Attendance: 4088
Joe Thomson fired Queens' opener and, after Lyndon Dykes had been fouled by Mark Durnan, Kyle Jacobs scored a penalty to double the visitors' lead.
Durnan's strike and Scott McDonald's free-kick brought United level in the second half.
But Thomson's second - a shot from long range - gave Queens victory.
Dundee United, who gave a debut to on-loan Celtic defender Anthony Ralston, remain seven points behind Livingston and 19 off leaders St Mirren, though the Tangerines have played two games fewer than the top two.
Queen of the South, who are sixth, are a point off Dunfermline Athletic and two behind Greenock Morton, who occupy the final play-off berth.
Dykes a hand in three goals
Wee Danny makes a comeback
Thomson hits the winner
All Images courtesy of www.qosfc.com
- 29RalstonBooked at 20minsSubstituted forFloodat 82'minutes
- 3ScobbieBooked at 63mins
- 7McMullanSubstituted forFraserat 64'minutes
- 11KingSubstituted forSmithat 77'minutes
Queen of Sth
- 2RooneySubstituted forCarmichaelat 73'minutes
- 16ToddBooked at 15mins
- 12ThomsonBooked at 66minsSubstituted forMurrayat 78'minutes
- 10ThomasSubstituted forFordyceat 73'minutes
- 25DykesBooked at 89mins