SCOTTISH CUP 1st ROUND DRAW
THE minnows of Scottish Football start their bid for cup glory after the draw for the Scottish Cup was made today.
In the South of Scotland Dalbeattie Star travel to the Scottish Borders to play East Division 1 side Hawick Royal Albert while St Cuthbert Wanderers face a long trip to play Highland League side Fraserburgh.
The other local teams in the 1st round draw are Newton Stewart who are at home to East Premier League side Preston Athletic and Wigtown who travel to the Capital to play East Premier League side Civil Service Strollers.
Junior side Girvan face a journey north to play Highland League side Huntly while Beith will be at home to crack junior side Linlithgow Rose.
South League champion Threave Rovers have bye into the next round when Annan Athletic will also be in the hat.
Today's 1st round draw was made by Scottish FA President George Peat, Gus McPherson and Tommy Coyne Snr at Bellsdale Park, after Beith entered the draw for the first time as winners of the West of Scotland Super League Premier Division.
The first round of matches are due to be played on the weekend of 25 September.
The full 1st round draw is:
1. Golspie Sutherland v Fort William
2. Rothes v Nairn County
3. Civil Service Strollers v Wigtown & Bladnoch
4. Edinburgh City v Clachnacuddin
5. Glasgow University v Burntisland Shipyard
6. Beith v Linlithgow Rose
7. Coldstream v Forres Mechanics
8. Fraserburgh v St Cuthbert Wanderers
9. Hawick Royal Albert v Dalbeattie Star
10. Newton Stewart v Preston Athletic
11. Edinburgh University v Brora Rangers
12. Deveronvale v Inverurie Loco Works
13. Lossiemouth v Whitehill Welfare
14. Vale of Leithen v Keith
15. Huntly v Girvan
16. Selkirk v Bo'ness United
17. Gala Fairydean v Sunnybank
Wick Academy receive a bye into the second round