South And East Roundup

Last updated : 07 September 2010 By Queens MAD



Saturday September 4, 2010



Threave Rovers 0 Dalbeattie Star 1


Creetown 1 St Cuthbert Wanderers 4

Crichton 2 Abbey Vale 3

Nithsdale Wanderers 0 Newton Stewart 3

Stranraer 5 Heston Rovers 4

Mid Annandale 1 Wigtown 1


East of Scotland CITY Cup FINAL
Berwick Rangers 2 Gretna 2008 0

Image Printers Cup 1st Round
Hawick RA 0 Vale of Leithen 10
2nd Round
Civil Service Strollers 1 Ormiston 0

Alex Jack Cup 1st Round
Stirling Uni 6 Eyemouth United 0

Central Taxis Premier League
Heriot-Watt Uni 0 Edinburgh Uni 1
Lothian Thistle 1 Edinburgh City 1
Selkirk 6 Preston Athletic 0
Spartans 2 Tynecastle 0

Central Taxis Division 1
Easthouses Lily 2 Coldstream 2
Gala Fairydean 2 Berwick Rangers Res 1
Kelso United 2 Peebles Rovers 2
Leith Athletic 3 Craigroyston 1


A JAK Dingwall goal nine minutes from time landed DALBEATTIE STAR the South League Cup.

They beat old rivals Threave Rovers 1-0 in the final at Meadow Park.

And manager Paul Laurie was delighted with the result and praised the striker.

He said: "It was a close game and I was pleased for Jak. He is patient and has had a nose operation and was man of the match last Saturday.

"He's a Dalbeattie boy through and through and he was player of the season last year."

Laurie added: "I don't really want to pick someone out for it was a squad effort. But it's back on the ground next week for we've a big month ahead."

Star last won the League cup 18 years ago and they deserved their win after hitting the bar in the first half from a Curtis Wilson shot and and Craig Fergusson did the same in the second half.

Threave pressed hard in the closing minutes and keeper Wright brought off a fine save from a Grant Middlemiss drive

ABBEY VALE made it two wins in a row in the South League with a 3-2 win over Crichton. Robert McCormack shot home from eight yards for Vale in the 2nd minute but David Frew levelled before the interval. Then Jack Robson and McCormack put Vale 3-1 up after 57th minutes but Ross Beattie's goal for Crichton in 65 minutes set up a grandstand finish.

NEWTON STEWART beat Nithsdale Wanderers 3-0 thanks to two goals from Sean Taylor and one from Andrew McEwan while STRANRAER scraped through 5-4 against Heston Rovers after throwing away a 4-1 lead. It took an 88th minute goal from Richard Jones to seal the points.

ST CUTHBERT WANDERERS beat Creetown 4-1 to go top of the table. Garry Redpath and Craig Rudd hit two in the first half with Rudd and Paul McClymont making it four by the 64th minute. Steven Hogg pulled one back for Creetown nine minutes from time.

Mid Annandale were knocked off the top after a 1-1 draw with Wigtown.

GRETNA 2008 put up a great show in the East City Cup final but went down to Berwick Rangers 2-0. Ian Little scored in 46 minutes and Stevie Notman got a second