South Of Scotland League Midweek Roundup

Last updated : 05 August 2010 By Queens MAD





Crichton 7 Nithsdale Wanderers 2
Mid-Annandale 3 Abbey Vale 0
St Cuthbert Wanderers 0 Dalbeattie Star 4
Stranraer 1 Newton Stewart 1
Threave Rovers 5 Heston Rovers 1
Wigtown 2 Creetown 3


CRICHTON are top of the table after two wins out of two and the biggest score of the night with a 7-2 thrashing of Nithsdale Wanderers who ended up with three players red carded in this South League match.

Jamie Little was the hero for Crichton with a first half hat-trick and other goals from Ian Quinn (2), Neil Murray and Ross Beattie with David Thomson and Sean Cairney getting the Nithsdale goals.

DALBEATTIE STAR continued their unbeaten run with a 4-0 win over St Cuthbert Wanderers 4-0. They went ahead in the 27th minute when a good run by Scott Milligan ended with a Jim Kirk own goal when he deflected the ball past his own keeper. Two minutes later a great run from Roman Soltys split the home defence and Jack Steele headed home number two.

Then just on the interval Soltys had another great run and he shot low into the net for the third. Fifteen minutes from time Milligan fire in the fourth.

THREAVE ROVERs got their act together when they beat Heston Rovers 5-1. Heston went ahead in the 18th minute but Danny Dunglinson levelled the scores in the 30th minute and Scott Milby hit a penalty seven minutes later to make it 2-1. SeanMilligan in the 51st minute and an own goal 14 minutes later made it 4-1 and Sam Warren struck number five in the last minute.

CREETOWN were 3-2 winners over Wigtown at Trammondford Park with a late goal while STRANRAER and Newton Stewart shared the points in a 1-1 draw at Stair Park.

MID ANNANDALE continued their bright start to the season with a 3-0 win over Abbey Vale at Lockerbie. Graeme Black broke the deadlock in the 23rd minute when he hit a rebound into the net from close range.

Mids had a number of chances to go further ahead but it was not until the 66th minute that Darren Notman shot home a Black corner. Then in the 74th minute an Ally Sloan free kick came out after the Vale keeper failed to hold it and Chris Norvel stuck the ball away.

Source : Solway Press Services -